August 6, 2009

Twelve Little Tutus

One of my favorite things about etsy is they have a custom needs section where buyers explain exactly what they need and when they need it by. Then sellers place their bids and give a price. I tend to underbid and charge next to nothing for my time (mostly because I love doing what I do, and also because I know what its like to want something but can't afford it.) Soooooo, I seem to have been accepted for many bids lately.
The first custom order I've been working on is princess tutoos for a birthday party next weekend. Twelve to be exact. That's 36 yards of tulle, 7 yards of elastic, and over 500 knotted strips of sparkly tulle!
I wish I could attend this princess party which involves a Disney Princess and all, but it's happening in St. Louis. (And its for 3 year olds.) Dang it. I'll just have to imagine 12 little matching ballerinas in hot pink tutus!
Here's a sneak peak at my next custom order: 17 superhero capes. (For a superhero birthday party, of course!) This one's got me a little overwhelmed, but I know I can do it and I can't wait to start working with the silky fabric I got for the capes and look how cute the logos have turned out!
Off I go cutting out more felt logos as I watch the finale of So You Think You Can Dance!...Can't wait!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like you've been busy. :) I want to tell you that I ordered my first pieces of fabric from etsy. I have an order to make nursing covers for one of my co-workers who is expecting. I'm so excited she wants 2! I'll be posting them soon my new craft blog. :)

Melonie said...

Wow, what adorable projects! I can't wait to see how the capes turn out!