October 8, 2010

Day #6- Mummy Family

Hey friends my name is Lyndsey from Lyndseys Craft Spot and I am so excited to be posting here at KirstiKoo Handmade.. how cute is that banner she made? I have one from her in my house .. and I get compliments on it all the time.



I love simple crafts.. and it doesn't get much easier then a 2X4!!! Here is what you will need to make the 2x4 mummy family:

-2x4 - I get all of my wood from Lowes : in my experience they have a better selection. You can have Lowes cut them for you if you do not have access to a saw. You need them cut at 18,16,and 14 inches tall.

-2x6 for the bases - or you can look in the scrap bin at Lowes also. I have helped several friends make these mummy's and we have used scrap wood and even some foam board for the bases. You can use just about anything.. but I think wood works the best.

-I used Burlap to wrap the mummy's - muslin would also work. I bought mine at walmart - it was really cheap.

- black and white craft paint

-glue glue


1. Ok after visiting my 2nd home( they know me and my kids by our names at Lowes) :) We will paint the 2x4's white... it doesn't have to be perfect most of your board will be covered with the burlap or fabric of your choice. Paint your base black.

2. Warm up your glue glun :) Cut the burlap/fabric into strips - I cut mine around 8 inches long and I varied the width. After I cut the strips I used a sponge paintbrush and rubbed black paint on the edges of the burlap.. to give it a more spooky look!!

3. Now you will wrap the burlap around the wood and glue it down on the back side of the board. In the picture you will notice that I varied the direction that I glued the burlap down in .. making it look more mummified :)
Remember to leave a little space for the mummy's eyes.

4. Now using Q-TIP dabbed in black paint I added the little eyes.

5. After everything dries add some hot glue to the bottom of your mummy and secure it to the base.

Now display and love them!!:) if you have any additional questions visit my blog Lyndsey's Craft Spot or email me at : lyndseyandparker@hotmail.com.

6 comments:

Lolly Jane said...

so cute lyndsey!! :) LOVE it!!! super cute & easy

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is just adorable. What a fun project!!

xox
Jen

Christine Dallimore said...

So Sweet! I too love quick and easy projects!! Mummies are the best for Halloween I think!!!

Melanie said...

These are SO cute!

Sawdust Girl said...

So cute!

Liz said...

I am in love with these guys! I can't get enough of them. I will be featuring you on ziggycrafts.blogspot.com I'm so excited to get started! Thanks!