September 15, 2011

Pumpkin Preschool Day

I already openly admitted to my love-of-halloween problem, right? So if I wasn't clear before:
Hi I'm Kirsti and I have a Halloween addiction.
"hi, kirsti"
Thanks. I feel better now.

With that being said, It was my turn to teach mommy & me preschool last week, so of course I did a pumpkin theme. We made pumpkin crayons with this awesome mold from JoAnn's ($8 on sale). Grab the bag of broken crayons you've contemplated throwing away 4 different times but kept them for some reason (this reason) and let your kiddos peel them (or chew off the paper as my little one did) and put them in the molds... I have to admit the mommies made most of these pumpkins. We couldn't let the molds bake empty even if the kids were ready for free-play time :)
Bake at 200 degrees for about 20-25 mins. Cool off and color with!
Then we made jack-o-lanterns with construction paper shapes (great opportunity to review shapes) on an orange paper plate, and a pipe cleaner for a curly-que... every cute pumpkin's gotta have one of those!
simple.easy.fun.halloweeny. doesn't get better than that!!
have a great weekend!
Linking Here:
Photobucket"

oh, and also...
I'm participating in Rhinestone Beagle's Howl-Oween Craftathon!
Check back Oct. 1st for great tutorials and ideas all month long.
Rhinestone Beagle

1 comment:

Lolly Jane said...

Soooo cute Kirsti! :)
It's never too early to decorate for Halloween!! lol