October 6, 2011

Halloween Paper Banner

I must have a thing about banners, since I have already made a Halloween Banner this year, but I wanted to share with you the one I made last year for our 13 Days of Halloween- if you wanna see some great tutorials by some amazing crafters, go to our Flashback!
I started off by figuring out how to fit the most triangles as possible onto my paper pack (from JoAnns, by the way). It ended up being about 3 1/4 across the top and 4 3/4 inches down. I got 3 good triangles out of this 4.5 X 6.5 inch paper...
Next step is to punch a 3-inch scallop per letter--16 for "HAPPY*HALLOWEEN!" out of white cardstock and using black stickers, applied a letter per scallop ( I got a pack of stickers that contained both upper and lower case letters, giving me 2 banners per pack!)
Then using double-stick tape (high-tech, I know!) apply the scallops to the triangle pennants.
Punch holes in the two corners, and tie cute ribbon in between each pennant.
12 inch pieces for the 1st and last one, and 5 inch pieces to double knot and of course cut at an angle (way cuter at an angle!)
Hang, and enjoy! I think it would be awesome to find some double sided papers so it would look great from two different rooms over an archway... just a suggestion for next time.
Everything looks good with my Chrisy Lee dolls- I love those cuties!!

Hope you get a chance to make one- it is super easy and really cute!!
{Linking up here:}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm your newest follower! Cute blog!
Briana @ babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Hi I featured your Glowing Jack O Lanterns from last week in this week's Make Yourself Monday blog hop! :o)

Please grab a Featured Button on my left sidebar! :o)

Oh and feel free to link up your awesome Halloween Banner this week - the link is up already.

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

Jamie said...

SO CUTE! Thanks so much for linking up to MYM! :o)

Jamie

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

This is so cute!! I am visiting from Lines Across My Face and I am a new follower!
Hope you have a great week!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com