March 7, 2011

Baby Shower Gift Idea

I used to be so busy with etsy orders that I didn't always have time to make shower gifts for my own friends! That's one of my favorite things about selling patterns instead of creating the items, that I have time for my family and friends' gifts.
This is one I made for a shower this past weekend:
I used my Big Shot Die Cut machine from Stampin' Up! That I love. It has this die for different sizes of flowers. It cuts 4-5 layers of fabric/tulle at a time, and then I sew them onto fabric covered buttons. One is attached to an alligator clip to go with the headband and the other is on a pin, to be placed anywhere or removed from the onesie during washing. I also made a set of burp cloths. Probably my fastest, easiest and most popular pattern in my etsy shop. I love baby showers!!
If you would like a craft kit to make the fabric flowers, let me know!!
Also, I'm working out the details for a Craft Competition to celebrate March as National Craft Month, so check back later this week for details. So be thinking of a great idea that you can enter. You won't want to miss it- winners will receive some awesome gifts from some of my favorite craftswomen!! :)

No comments: