October 22, 2014

TurboFire Chili




The nights are getting cooler and I LOVE a good chili in the Fall! This recipe is from one of my favorite workout programs, TurboFire and it's made with Ground Turkey instead of Beef. I have a super sensitive stomach and the healthier I eat, the more sensitive I am to ground beef & dairy. So this recipe is perfect! It's also packed with beans & tomatoes and tons of nutrients :) Plus my kiddos love it with tortilla chips broken & sprinkled on top like taco soup!

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground turkey
½ cup diced tomatoes
8 oz. whole kernel corn, canned
½ onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
8 oz. black beans, canned
8 oz. pinto, chili, or kidney beans canned
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 package Lawry’s chili seasoning
4 oz. low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Directions: Brown turkey. Drain and discard any fat. Place all ingredients except cheese into a slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. Top with 1 oz cheese if desired.

Easy peasy, and totally delicious!!

No comments: