January 5, 2015

I Know That My Savior Loves Me- Singing Time!


I LOVE this new song we have for our 2015 program songs! I Know That My Savior Loves Me is so beautiful and such a special song. When my niece was baptized, she sang a solo of this song and the Spirit was so strong. Because she happened to be visiting us last week, I had her come up and sing for the kids and help me teach it line by line. (I'm afraid of singing in front of the kids unless I know the song REALLY well! I just don't have a great voice but I am trying to be braver!)

I introduced the song by sharing why it's special to me personally, then I talked about how we have clues- When, Where, Who, What, Why, How & Testimony. I had those papers on the board and put the others up one at a time as I taught the song. Lily and I would sing the first line and then have the kids repeat after us (Echo Chamber Style-- pretend we are in a cave and the children sings our echo)
WHEN: "A long time ago"
WHERE: "in a beautiful place"
WHO: "Children were gathered 'round Jesus"
I stopped and told them the story from 3 Nephi 17:11-24 in my own words and emphasized that the Savior felt SO much love for the children that he cried, and that it was very special. I also thought it was interesting that it says more than once that the words Jesus spoke could not be written because they were so sacred, and so special.

Then we sang those 2 lines together
WHAT: (what happened) "He blessed and taught as they felt of His love, Each saw the tears on His face."
WHY: ( LOVE-- He did this because He loved the children. If He loved the children back then, do you think he loves the children now?? Do you KNOW that Jesus LOVES you?!)
"The love that He felt for His little ones, I know He feels for me". We can feel His love as we feel the comfort of the Spirit.
Continue singing echo chamber line by line, then sing all together from the beginning

HOW: (How does this apply to us today? Were you there? Was I there? No. But this still applies to us today) "I did not touch Him or sit on His knee, yet Jesus is real to me"
TESTIMONY: (The chorus is our testimony of our Savior! We will sing it strong & bold!)
"I KNOW He lives! I will follow faithfully. My heart I give to Him, I know that my Savior loves me."

Sing all together! I have also posted fun follow up games if you have extra time or for the following week to practice!

I do have these all in a word document you can print out. Just comment here if you'd like me to email it to you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Will you send it my way please? Ealbarez@nnu.edu thanks!

Andrews family said...

Could I have a copy of this please? Thanks!

ejandrews04@hotmail.com

Carly Walton said...

If you could email me a copy that would be great! Do you still have it? carlyjowalton@gmail.com

Kirsti said...

Just sent it Carly :)