These are one of my favorite meals! I am a pretty picky eater so I was nervous at first, but it is truly one of the yummiest things I've ever eaten! Here's how to make them!
Recipe makes 4 portions!
247 Calories, 7 g fat, 35 g carbs, 8 g fiber.
2 large red bell peppers
sea salt (to taste)
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup water
8 oz. organic tempeh, crumbled
7.5 oz (1.2 can) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp. raw pine nuts
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 Tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley
1 Tbsp. freshly chopped basil
1 Tbsp. raisins (I prefer golden!)
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Halve peppers lengthwise, leaving stems intact. Scoop out seeds & place cut side up in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until they're soft, but still retain their shape
3.Put 1 cup of water on to boil in kettle or small pan.
4. While peppers are baking and water is boiling, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and saute onion & garlic until soft.
5. Add tempeh, tomatoes, and pine nuts to skillet and saute about 5-7 minutes.
6. Stir in rice, parsley, basil, and raisins. Remove from heat & season with a bit more salt & pepper.
7. Spoon mixture into peppers in the baking pan. Pour just enough boiling water around peppers to touch the base of each so they won't burn in the oven.
8. Bake for 15 minutes & ENJOY!!